Why do some Christians keep believing in "faith healers" after they have been exposed as frauds, such as Peter Popoff?

Now they're buying water from him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Popoff

When people are sick and there is conventional medicine cannot cure them, the will grasp at any straws they can. The terrible thing is that sickos like Popoff sometimes tell people to throw away the medicine that is keeping then alive.

2 Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.

Popoff says what they want to hear.

I really don't know. Desperation, perhaps.

• Jen

I can understand why they still believe in faith healers. Ex, its like if you are in love but get burned, most will people will continue to look for love elsewhere. BUT why they would go back to Peter Popoff (I have to say, that last name is the greatest ever LOL), I dont understand.

I remember this happening with a famous televangelist in the US who was busted "send me this much $$ and you will be blessed". He just rebranded himself afterwards and started selling end of the earth kits O.o I cant remember who that was, if anyone knows, comment, thx.

• God

Gullible people want to believe. After all, they believe a book of fairy tales handed down from The Bronze Age.

If any of it gives them comfort, who is anybody else to criticise, or question!!

If you believe in Noah's ark, you'll believe anything.

• Jea

Why do people give the church money at all, after it has been exposed as a fraud?

There is no such thing as a church without fraud. Their entire lives are based upon a fraud.

Popoff is a ripoff, always has been. Just another slimy con man with a million dollars of poor, desperate people's money.

Why do they keep believing ALL the mythical horsecrap they believe

when it has been disproven time and time again?

Great questions, all...

They NEED it to be true, in the face of everything that clearly says it is not.

Without it, their frail lives would fall apart, and so would they.