Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 12 months ago

How can the Americans be so technologically advanced and at the same time so morally degraded?

59 Answers

Relevance
  • 12 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Because technology does not necessarily bring happiness. Sometimes it just makes Life more complicated and causes people to become more detached from their fellow human beings. Before the iPhone was invented people used to actually walk down the street in New York City and look at other people. Now they just have their faces buried in their phones. The outer world might as well not even exist. Everything is virtual now, nothing is real anymore. Families used to sit down and play board games together our cards or whatever. Now everybody is just in their own little world staring at their phone screens.

• ...Show all comments
    • RICHARD
      Lv 6
      11 months agoReport

The smartphone is the excuse people have been looking for to not look at each other their whole lives.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 11 months ago

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

• anand
    Lv 5
    11 months ago

Morality is inversely proportional to technological advancement.

• 11 months ago

It is no more correct to say that "Americans" are morally degraded than it is to say that "Frenchmen" are wine drunk women chasing pigs, though many of them are just that.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Jen
    Lv 4
    12 months ago

I'm an American. I have compassion, empathy, and understanding. I care about my fellow wo/man. I even pray for those in other countries who would rather curse me than look at my heart.

On the other hand, I recognize how easily swayed humans are. We're influenced what to believe, and we follow. We get frustrated by our leaders, as well as by those who rebel against them. Yet outsiders judge us by those same people who frustrate us.

There's an answer, should anyone care to try: we could attempt to all see each other as humans, rather than categories.

• 12 months ago

Because the Americans are not morally degraded. Empathy and intelligence exclusively go hand in hand.

• Anonymous
    12 months ago

My friend jaffay going to America.

• 12 months agoReport

YAHOO FAMILY MUST LASER TILL VANISH BY ALLAH<br>
      https://m.vk.com/wall519091887_14

• Anonymous
    12 months ago

You are referring to the relationship between Putin and Obama, and the homosexual overtones of that relationship I take it? Thanks for reminding us.

• Nathan
    Lv 6
    12 months ago

I can’t answer that and I’m an American.

• Anonymous
    12 months ago

Because the funding of that technology came from plundering other countries for resources. If you bother to deeply research the history of this country you will learn that it was completely built on lies, slavery, corruption, genocide, and other atrocities.

• ...Show all comments
    • Andrew Smith
      Lv 7
      11 months agoReport

Hey, confederate Republican, you might one day learn what the outsiders think about loser rednecks. Who think they are superior while exhibiting all the traits of a totally lower class illeducated boor.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.