Has any UK government proposed a cap on funeral fees?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

That would be g-reat but right now, I'd settle for a reduction, or removal, of the VAT charge on Vet Bills. Considering we in the UK are obliged, by law, to provide veterinary care if our animals fall sick and right now, again, I'm finding what my vet bills come to increasingly difficult to pay. And don't tell me to get rid of my dogs - I made a commitment to them 10 and 11 years ago and that will remain until the day they die (and yes, there are fees involved to prevent lingering - with more VAT!!).

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

There was talk of it, but nothing happened. Never go for a funeral plan as they are a rip off instead phone around the local funeral directors as it works out half the price.

• Zed
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

You can have a cheap council burial for under £200 . go for it.

• Biff
      Lv 6
      5 months agoReport

The cost of a council burial very much depends on where you live and if any land is left for burials. Usually it would be a lot more than £200.

• 5 months ago

Not formally. They might try but the Life Insurance Industry will not be too pleased about that.

And even if they do cap them they'll find other ways to make money out of someone's death. No doubt a £10 car park charge at crematoriums and an expansion of the massive fines for over-running a service.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

Can it do that aren't funeral directors as private business

I don't think Boris would interfere

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Not as yet, the matter is currently under scrutiny and even then may not result in capping

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.