someone gained access to security cam footage from a hotel I recently stayed at and is trying to extort money from me.?

If you didn't do something wrong, then just let that person try to extort money from you. If I was in your situation then I probably would have taken off my pants in front of the camera, and said kiss my a$$.

There is no way that person would get my money.

Source(s): I am a male.

I have reported things like this to the FBI. Wire fraud and extortion are federal crimes, and are taken very seriously. Security cameras in hotels are in PUBLIC places like the lobby, not your own room. That would require a just-cause warrant- you are a known gagster and the Feds are recording you in your room, making a deal. You cannot be arrested for something like going back for second at the waffle station of the breakfast bar. Re read the email yet sent you - it is all suposition and vague statements.

• I was sent a still shot from security cam video of me and a female friend waiting for elevator with a message that read my reach is far you must pay.

• VP

Why are you telling us? We can't help you. Also, you can't be extorted for things you DON'T do.

police have been notified by hotel and a report was made.they still don't know or wont tell me how access was gained

Report the situation to the police.

• Carson7 months agoReport

It sounds like you've taken the best possible actions so far, I hope that everything works out and wish you well!