anon asked in SportsBaseball · 7 months ago

What's your favorite baseball memory as a kid?

Favorite Answer

I wasn't allowed to play baseball as a kid, my parents hated sports. They ruined my life and they are the reason why I am suicidal.

Personally when i was play with my boyfriend childhood :)

• TedEx

Going into Busch ((The old one )stadium and being awed by how big it was how bright the lights were and how well kept the grass was maintained. ((They played the Phillies and lost 13-3

• Kyle

in grade school i went to a Cubs game and saw Greg Maddux get his 3,000 career strike out game. there was a 2.5 hour rain delay or something like that, and we waited through the whole time to see his strike out.

i was also at a game where Soriano hit the walk off grand slam to win the game. that went into extra innings as well and we even got to move up closer to the field because a lot of people have left.

The steroid era

Watching Bonds hit 756 its

being a Cubs batboy for parts of two seasons

• Bob

Getting to see my local and favorite team the Oakland A's win the world series in 1972,1973 & 1974

Watching Bonds hit 756

• Sky

Two separate ones. First would be playing baseball in the backyard with my dad and brother. We used tennis balls because that's what we had, and they didn't hurt to get hit by. Second would be going to a genuine Tiger game in the old Tiger Stadium. Actually, I have a third great baseball memory: listening to the voice of Ernie Harwell announcing the games on the radio.