Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 6 months ago

I don’t know how to act “cool” or the right way to talk to people my age?

I’m 22 F. I have social anxiety and could have better social skills. I’ve noticed that a lot of people my age talk to each other in this fake, weird way where it sounds like they’re trying too hard to sound “cool” put on a show or something. This isn’t my imagination. Maybe I’m just picking the wrong people to be friends with that are out of my league but I could never figure this out.

Yeah it’s definitely not your imagination. I’m a 30-year-old guy and it’s been like that as long as I can remember with people I meet. Like in the break room at work, guys will literally sit there and compete with each other telling stories about who did the dumbest stuff. Yeah it’s definitely not your imagination. I’m a 30-year-old guy and it’s been like that as long as I can remember with people I meet. Like in the break room at work, guys will literally sit there and compete with each other telling stories about who did the dumbest stuff. They are not cool. Trust me it’s in the back of everyone’s mind. Those kinds of people aren’t the cool ones they’re the ones who are insecure and trying to hard. I guarantee you they’re more worried about what you think of them then you are.

Open your mind (but not so open that your brains fall out):

Follow the money trail to the evil.

It will lead you to...

The governments

The advertising agencies

The corporations

The pharmacuetical industry

Religious organizations

They LIED TO YOU

They want you to think you don't have enough.

It sells their products and drives the economy.

They want you to think you're not good enough.

Not cooool enough.

They made you insecure.

Big Food chemicalized the natural foods God gave us to eat. They put that poison called sugar into everything: fake sugar creates a hunger in you and makes you keep eating. It is a poisonous addictive drug that is killing you slowly.

'THINK AHEAD' they told you as a child... but think about what? You control nothing. Do not think that there are conspiracies going on... there are not: the reasons behind it all is the love of money. The only conspiracy is by them thinking how they can separate you from it.

Feel sorry for yourself, cuz no one else will?

That hook will drag you into a deep deep pit of depression. So stop thinking about you, and start seeing how you can help others. Get your mind off of you: this is morbid self obsession.

Angry? Why? Is it your 'go-to' emotion because you can't deal with people and you don't want to show them you are sad, lonely and hurt? Let it go. Anger is NOT a god... it is not protecting you... it is destroying you... ruining your life.

Forgive. All the stuff you complained about last year, you are reguritating again... like a dog returns to its vomit, you keep returning to your sin. Most things can be brushed off. For deep betrayal, or wilful wrongs against you... forgive them because you need forgiveness too....

And if you don't forgive, God will not forgive you.

All these things are lessons that Jesus taught me... just a few of countless lessons on my journey with him. Make him the Lord of your life and he will lead you too... he will protect you and set you free. He is the way and the truth and the life, and you will finally enjoy yours and be a blessing to others if you humble yourself and seek mercy from him.

God bless you on your journey.

If you want to act cool all you have to do is be really chilled out with people... notice 'cool' and 'chilled' mean the same thing

Hello, 21F here who has also struggled with social anxiety in the past. I have found people do this as a way of protecting themselves. People say to just ‘be yourself’ all the time, but that couldn’t be less true. It is something that has taken me a while to figure out, but by adopting this “cool” or “fake” persona this shows others that you are normal because it signifies you fear being judged or misunderstood by those around you who you don’t trust/ know well yet.

However people who do this all the time, even around friends, I personally consider to be insecure/shallow. Sometimes it’s hard to tell whether someone is just shallow or if they just feel like they don’t have enough in common with you to start revealing their true self.

People our age I find do this more often because we are in a part of our lives where we have a lot to loose from bad social interactions since we don’t have the security of a stable job or life yet.