Chae- Won asked in HealthOther - Health · 6 months ago

If you are at a teaching hospital can a patient tell everyone to get out other than the regular doctor?

I was accosted by several students who followed the Doctor in. I didn't like that and I told them to leave.

• Sky
    Favorite Answer

The patient always has the right to tell unwanted people to get out of the room unless there is some legally or medically required reason for the extra individual(s) to be there.

• Chae- Won6 months agoReport

Thank you very much.

• Lili

Yes, of course, but if you don't want residents and med students around, don't go to a teaching hospital.

They need to learn, and you can help. I wasn't at all bothered when I had major surgery last year and was in a top university teaching hospital. I was pleased to be of assistance to the residents and students.

• Chae- Won6 months agoReport

Lili.. I am Korean so I think my English is pretty good. I have flaws sure but this a teaching forum. lol
      btw 신녕쓰지마세요.

My gyno smiles when I undress.

• Jill

Probably because your a little man.

This is the U.S.A. and there is no way I will tell you what town I am in. It is not a hard question, My reference to teaching hospitals in general. I know it may vary but this is a question about what policies in teaching hospitals refer to medical students to get histories for example.

• Lili

I can't believe you used the word "accosted". I think you need to look it up in a dictionary. Med students aren't "accosting" patients when they follow the doctor into a room. There's nothing odd about medical students taking histories in a teaching hospital. How are they to learn?

• Jill

Yes. The doctor should always ask your permission first and you have the right to say no.

• Jill

It is common at teaching hospitals because they need as much experience as possible and most people don't mind too much but, as I said, you do have the right to insist on a private consultation.

You really think someone here would know something so specific........ You didn't even mention what country, state, county, town, village, hamlet it is in