promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 10 months ago

Why do liberals want to make college free?

if college became free, the unemployment rate will go up. if most people hold college degrees, many more graduates will not be able to find a good job because there won’t be enough good jobs out there. much more competition.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 months ago

NOTHING IS FREE

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Zirp
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

1 educating people benefits society as a whole

2 education should be available to those who have the talent and motivation, not (just) for those who have the money

3 paying directly is cheaper than them having to get a loan, which has to be paid back with interest. It would mean your future doctor or lawyer can be cheaper

• 10 months ago

The most used visas for foreign workers are for HBN visas, college educated workers from elsewhere for less.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

for VOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTES!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

If they make college free, and don’t retroactively reimburse me for the college debt I’ve already paid, it just goes to show how dishonest they are.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

You still have to apply and get accepted to join a college. Why not have that decide who goes and doesn't go instead of who has enough money.

• 10 months agoReport

anybody can get accepted to college. it’s called community college.

• Pat
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

When I and my (liberal) sisters went to college In the 1960’s 80% of the cost of state college was paid for by state and local governments and the university. 20% was paid for by tuition. Unemployment was low. There is no reason why we can't do that again. There is no excuse for today's college students to graduate with so much debt that they can't afford to get married, buy a house, or start a family.

• 10 months ago

People value what they will pay for.

They don't value education.

• 10 months ago

If only there were some less expensive route than ultra-expensive universities... like community colleges, trade schools, or becoming an apprentice. But of course those things don't exist. Nope, we all need to be able to go to goddamn Duke for free.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Most of them libs couldn't hack college, they want a place to chill and hunt chicks and smoke da dope.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.