What do you recommend I do with my living situation?

I am in my early 30’s and am a hardworking professional. I live in a city where the rent is insane and I have student loans that are slowing me down. For the past 3 years my parents have been kind enough to split the rent with me which is great, but I am not saving much even with their contributions. In years past... show more I am in my early 30’s and am a hardworking professional. I live in a city where the rent is insane and I have student loans that are slowing me down. For the past 3 years my parents have been kind enough to split the rent with me which is great, but I am not saving much even with their contributions. In years past I have lived with roommates and a boyfriend. Now, I am at a point in my life where I need to cut these financial ties with my parents. Why? Because they are very toxic and controlling and use their money to keep me at bay. My options for housing are the following and I have some credit debit too.

1. Get my own place. My first paycheck would cut it and I am not sure where I would the money to buy food during that pay period.
2. Do a room share. It would be two hundred more than what I pay with my parents and this the only reasonable place I’ve found to my standards, but I would be losing my freedom. Then I don’t have a lot of guests over or anything.
3. Move into a cheap rent with a fun neighborhood, but the apartment is disgusting. When I say disgusting there are roaches in the freezer, the toilet doesn’t flush, no heat, no kitchen, but I could afford this place and safe. The draw back it is my ex boyfriend’s place and I am trying to cut ties from him as he moved to another country and if I move in then he will move back.

What should I do?