Can I sue my employer for health code violations?

About an hour into my shift at this chain restaurant, I began to violently throw up. I threw up four separate times in the bathroom, twice in the garbage, and once in the sink. My supervisor witnessed two of these events. However, when I asked to go home, I was told by my supervisor, manager, and the owner that I... show more About an hour into my shift at this chain restaurant, I began to violently throw up. I threw up four separate times in the bathroom, twice in the garbage, and once in the sink. My supervisor witnessed two of these events. However, when I asked to go home, I was told by my supervisor, manager, and the owner that I couldn’t go, even though it’s a health code violation. They also want me to come in tomorrow for a 9 hour shift while I’m still sick.

What can I do about this? Do I have any options? I’ll be contacting the local health department tomorrow, but other than that I would like to know if I have other options such as suing or otherwise.