Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 6 months ago

2 month old kitten is limping and has a swollen bump all around the top of her front leg?

I have a 2 month old kitten who is limping and has a swollen bump all around the top of her front leg. I do not see anything around it that could’ve caused this. I have been doing treatments for bites, sprains since i don’t have a diagnosis and i’m giving her tylenol for pain. I can not afford to take her to a vet rn, so any at home advice is very well appreciated. Thanks in advance!

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Ocimom
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Tylenol is TOXIC to cats - the kitten will be dead from internal bleeding. Obviously the kitten needs medical help from a vet. Delaying treatment will cause death or permanent damage. The Tylenol is already causing your kitten's death in a short time.

• Login to reply the answers
  • J C
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

You realize that Tylenol is poisonous to cats, don't you? You have now poisoned your kitten who's going to die from organ failure unless you get her to the vet - now. This is what happens when we self medicate. With a pet comes the financial responsibility for that pet. There is a phrase "can't afford the vet? Then don't get the pet".

• patty
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

she may have,a broken leg. anything in your bag of tricks to heal this? NO? did not think so

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

human drugs make cats sick, usually in the kidneys and the liver, plus it makes them psychotic.

the bump is probably a bee or wasp sting, maybe a spider, but might be an infected cat bite or flea bite.

a trip to the vet is about $26/exam only, but is expert.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • PAMELA
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

You should never ever give an animal medication made for humans,and do not have an animal unless you can afford vet fees and all the other stuff that a cat needs, it will need to see a vet several times in it s life, borrow money and get your cat checked out, it could be in a lot of pain.

• 6 months ago

Better find the money to see a vet. NOW. Tylenol can be fatal to cats, and seeing as this is a kitten the dose that kills it could be very small. If you really can't find the money, take the kitten to a shelter where it can get proper medical care

• Sky
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

If you can't afford veterinary care for your pets then YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE PETS. Either find the money to take the cat to the vet or find the cat a new home who can afford proper care.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.