Trying to get with my daughter's mother, but not sure how?

My relationship with this woman has been complicated since we met. I knew she liked me since high school, she was so obvious. We we're never close because she was really shy around me and I just can't with people like that. She was not drunk when she lost her virginity to me at my college graduation party... show more My relationship with this woman has been complicated since we met. I knew she liked me since high school, she was so obvious. We we're never close because she was really shy around me and I just can't with people like that. She was not drunk when she lost her virginity to me at my college graduation party in 2013 and the morning she left was the last time I saw her until now. She did message me on Facebook and tell me she was pregnant some months later, she said she didn't want to burden me because my career was just beginning. And I admit I'm an assho1e for agreeing to that. After that she moved somewhere else, even her best friend didn't know and she wouldn't tell me. Over the years she kept in touch, she would always send me pictures of our daughter. I got a text from her on Friday saying she was in town with our daughter. So I left work and arranged to meet her immediately and I did. I've seen them both in the pictures she sent me but actually seeing them there in front of me made something click. The thought of settling down has been bouncing back on forth in my head long before I saw them. And now after spending a day with them, they're the only thing that pops up in my head when I think of family and settling down. I jokingly asked her about 'my daughter's stepdad' and she laughed and asked me if I wanted her to find one. I'm 28, I really want to settle down but I need help on where to begin especially with my baby mama.
32 answers 32