A distressed home is near me.I have tried to contact the owner but no leads.I have a copy of the deed but the trustee listed is missing.?

I have a copy of the deed but the trustee listed can not be found on search engines or anywhere it doesn't show alive or dead.The grass is kept cut and clean.What can I do to get this propery? 10 points to best answer.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • zipper
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Sounds like your S>O>O>L, If the property is being cared for there is very little you can do. Except look at the county tax records to see if payment is up to date.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

If you cannot make contact with the legal owner then you cannot buy the property. Tax records are the most common way to find the owner.

• 6 months ago

Even if the trustee is listed they won't/can't & shouldn't tell you the owner's name or personal information. A trustee's only duty is to help the lender if a foreclosure is needed. However, the deed should have the owner's name on it. Try Facebook.. Also, county tax records are normally listed on line, there you can find the current owners address where tax bills are sent. In my state you search for it by County... "Davidson County Trustee" then we go to "pay tax bill" put in the address & it pops up. Free- public record.

Source(s): Mortgage lender 33 years.
  • 6 months ago

You can keep searching and find the owner and buy it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Check with your county's Clerk of the Courts. It may be in foreclosure. Also check the property assessors office as to who is the present owner.

• 6 months ago

If you can't locate the owner so that you can make an offer to the owner, you won't be buying the property. If it means that much to you, you can hire a private detective to try to find the owner.

• 6 months ago

The owner is not responding to your attempts at contacting him/her because he/she does NOT want to sell the property.

• Beverly S
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

He said he can't find the owner.

• LILL
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Go to your local county clerk or records department and see who the property taxes are billed to.

• 6 months ago

put a note on the property/mail it to the address.

if the owner/trustee had died...the estate/another trustee would own it/ be responsible for it...

and OBVIOUSLY they aren't ignoring letters they haven't gotten since you can't find them

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.