I’ve liked this guy for the past five years, but he dated my best friend and I don’t know what to do.?

Let’s name this guy...bratty, my ex best friend Maggie and current best friend Nat. When I first started liking bratty, I never told anyone, not until he had something going on with Maggie. Maggie told bratty about how I liked him to ruin my chance with him, sure enough it did. I didn’t say anything to any of them... show more Let’s name this guy...bratty, my ex best friend Maggie and current best friend Nat. When I first started liking bratty, I never told anyone, not until he had something going on with Maggie. Maggie told bratty about how I liked him to ruin my chance with him, sure enough it did. I didn’t say anything to any of them because I didn’t want to start a fight, nor did I try to break them. But things didn’t work out between them and it was just awkward for bratty and I for a while, though I still liked him. Fast forward 2/3years, bratty started dating Nat, and she lost her virginity to him, which is quite a big deal to me. I wasn’t jealous of her, they seemed happy, and I loved them both, so I still was always there when my best friend needed me. But they broke up a year later, and I still liked him...it has been 5years now..I recently asked Nat how she would feel for me to be with bratty or even just to confess. I told her that I respect our relationship more than my feelings for bratty and Nat said she wouldn’t like me being with bratty. I respect that...but I’ve crushed on him for the past 5years. And that’s a really long time...I don’t know what to do. Please advise
1 answer 1