Jessie asked in PetsCats · 7 months ago

Why does my male cat pee on my bed?

I have got a male kitten about two months ago. He is about three months old now and was neutered when we got him. We have another cat and a dog and he’s gotten along just fine with both of them. Him and my other cat (female) are now best friends. I also have a two year old who adores him and they cuddle all the time. He is super friendly and loves to get loved on but in the past two weeks he’s peed on my bed three times. The first time I was in it, second time my husband was and the third I was. I don’t understand why he’s doing this. The litter box was spotless every time he did it. I’m tired of washing my sheets every other day

5 Answers

Relevance
  • J C
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

It's likely a urinary tract infection, OR you need to add another litter box. The general "rule" is you need at least the number of litter boxes as you do cats. As many get older they get much pickier about their box. If there is a lid, take it off. Add the second box. Scoop both boxes twice a day, each and every day. Does the dog prevent the kitten from getting to the box? Does your toddler do anything like that also? This includes "watching" the kitten use the box, and chasing. If you do all of these things and the behavior continues, then you need a vet visit to rule out a urinary tract infection. It's very common in male cats, especially those fed an all dry diet.

• Jessie7 months agoReport

The literal box is in a separate room that the dog and baby can’t get to. There’s is a baby gate with a cat door. We clean the litter once a day unless it needs it more. I might have to add another litter box

• Login to reply the answers
  • patty
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

maybe it is a dominance thing but he is so young

• 7 months ago

So lock him out of the bedroom -problem solved!!!

• Jessie7 months agoReport

Problem not solved. He has peed on our couch twice now

• Benny
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

Sorry, but you need to grab him by the neck, rub his face in it, and be mean to him. Only then will he stop.

• patty
      Lv 6
      7 months agoReport

doing this crap went out with the dinasours.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 months ago

Sorry he was actually about two months old when we got him.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.