Why is my nickname changed to anonymous when i post?

• .
    Favorite Answer

I just moused over your (blank) avatar and it says Peter C. From time to time a YA system bug pops up and affects many/most users by not showing their username or avatar, but it typically clears up in a few days.

• Ben

Because you made you questions and/or answers anonymous youself.

I had the same problem. And I changed my password. But I was just reading posts on unrelated news article where someone posted about this issue, and I saw that many people were affected by this glitch.

• Daniel

The only way it can be Changed to Anonymous is if you Click on the Make Anonymous Button under the Blue Edit menu on Questions or Answers that you Post

Right now im not showing it being Anonymous I can see your Name

• Peter C6 months agoReport

Okay. Yahoo sports and Yahoo anything has me as Anonymous. But under Today & ABC news, they list my nickname. Help. I'll see if I can find that Blue edit button. Does that button work before or after the post? Would I post under Anon. then edit?

Okay, now everything is listed under my nickname. The only thing I did was log out of Yahoo and then log back in. Seemed to cure the problem. Not sure why it was changed to Anon. before. Maybe some kind of glitch with yahoo. I have never used the Blue edit button before, but just did to edit this post as I could not find the Comment button. Thanks to all. RGI

I never heard of that happening before here. It must be some type of temporary glitch. I wouldn't believe those scare tactics that your account is being checked and this is the time of year they do it. There is really nothing you can do about it. Verizon Media doesn't seem to want to correspond with us anyway.

A glitch or the Verizon Yahoo Abuse team may reviewing your account activity prior to suspending, blocking, your email account from participating on YA. This is the time of year Yahoo's server computers used to do that. Verizon hasn't changed all the the computer programs.

• Tic-Tac-Toe

It more like it's your time of the day for your insult injection. Why do you make up these stories and think people are going to believe you.