Why do people say English is a hard language, when it's not?

Pronunciation may be hard, but not grammar. Other languages have genders and conjugate future tense; English does not. German: die, der, das, den, etc. French: le, la, a été vs était, and sometimes you pronounce the last letter, other times not. I have cousins who grew up in Switz. (French) and Germany, and they... show more Pronunciation may be hard, but not grammar. Other languages have genders and conjugate future tense; English does not. German: die, der, das, den, etc. French: le, la, a été vs était, and sometimes you pronounce the last letter, other times not. I have cousins who grew up in Switz. (French) and Germany, and they speak English like it's nothing.
Update: And I'm bilingual. English is my second language.
Update 2: My first language is Vietnamese. In Vnmese, we don't have past, present, or future tense. No plural markings. And no conjugation. Words never change their spellings (no run, ran, running, runs). But I think English is easy.