A person has a sticker for the action "Abolish Prisons" what would the person list as the solution to keep society safe from Offenders?

Without Prisons I wonder what the person would list as the solution to keep society safer from con artists, swindlers, robbers, Extortionists, sexual predators, Murderers, etc. This is a sticker that I saw on a person's car while driving this year.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

The first question for such a person is how they define "prison". Chances are it's narrower than you think.

Increasingly, criminologists have been developing approaches to restorative justice - concepts that offenders should be 'making amends', not simply bearing a punishment, and that a major objective of criminal justice is rehabilitation and reintegration.

In that light, the American incarceration-heavy approach has at least two problems: They incarcerate too many people, and in conditions that are not conducive to reintegration.

There are few who would argue against institutionalization of dangerous criminals, but a style of incarceration modeled after medieval dungeons isn't really a great way of reintegrating people.

• Login to reply the answers
  • In
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

If I get free food, free housing, and free medical care in prison then maybe I need to re-think my life.

• 6 months ago

I would imagine that the answer from a Democrat would be:

Give them Free Health Care

Free Housing

Free Job Trainng

Free Food

in exchange, Vote Democratic

• 6 months ago

Don't be such a coward, ask them.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Why not ask the actual person.

• Jason C6 months agoReport

Did you not just read what I posted? I didn't post any information that I know the person, I saw it on a freakin car.

• Truth
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

eliminate racism. that is the cause of every problem in the universe

• Diana
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

We'd have to put them on an island, or deport them.

Who the hell is going to pay for that?

• 6 months ago

It's probably some enlightened progressive rich kid dork who never goes near any city with any crime

That doesn't answer my question as to what would be the solution.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.