A person has a sticker for the action "Abolish Prisons" what would the person list as the solution to keep society safe from Offenders?

Without Prisons I wonder what the person would list as the solution to keep society safer from con artists, swindlers, robbers, Extortionists, sexual predators, Murderers, etc. This is a sticker that I saw on a person's car while driving this year.

Favorite Answer

The first question for such a person is how they define "prison". Chances are it's narrower than you think.

Increasingly, criminologists have been developing approaches to restorative justice - concepts that offenders should be 'making amends', not simply bearing a punishment, and that a major objective of criminal justice is rehabilitation and reintegration.

In that light, the American incarceration-heavy approach has at least two problems: They incarcerate too many people, and in conditions that are not conducive to reintegration.

There are few who would argue against institutionalization of dangerous criminals, but a style of incarceration modeled after medieval dungeons isn't really a great way of reintegrating people.

• In

If I get free food, free housing, and free medical care in prison then maybe I need to re-think my life.

I would imagine that the answer from a Democrat would be:

Give them Free Health Care

Free Housing

Free Job Trainng

Free Food

in exchange, Vote Democratic

Don't be such a coward, ask them.

Why not ask the actual person.

• Jason C6 months agoReport

Did you not just read what I posted? I didn't post any information that I know the person, I saw it on a freakin car.

• Truth

eliminate racism. that is the cause of every problem in the universe

• Diana

We'd have to put them on an island, or deport them.

• Jason C6 months agoReport

Who the hell is going to pay for that?

It's probably some enlightened progressive rich kid dork who never goes near any city with any crime

• Jason C6 months agoReport

That doesn't answer my question as to what would be the solution.