Ethel asked in PetsDogs · 7 months ago

CanI give cooked chicken fat to my dog?

I have oil inn my pan from frying chicken. Can I put some in

my dog's food?

Good way to make your dog real sick, it can cause pancreatitis, could lead to death. Take your dog to your Vet for a wellness exam and education on your dogs food intake.

• J C

No. You will give your dog the runs, and high fat foods are also a way to give a dog pancreatitis, which is painful for the dog and expensive to treat. Allow the fat to cool and harden a bit, then scrape it into a heavy plastic bag or a glass jar with a lid, and take it immediately outside to the garbage can.

You "can" however it really doesn't do any good for your dog. My dog is overweight because he eats so much "people food". dogs shouldn't be having any people food, let alone fatty people food.

I hope your dogs super cute!

oh yeah, and this helps :D

No - well you 'can' but it won't do your dog much good.

• Comfty

I don't think it's good for a dog.

WHY would you? Your dog doesn't need any added fat. You also probably had spices in that could be harmful to your dog.

Not unless you want diarrhea and/or a cases of pancreatitis and a HUGE vet bill (Look up the CAUSES of pancreatitis).

Instead, get out a lidded jar from your recycling or at least a can, and poor the grease into that - for the trash. FAT is not good for MAN nor beast. At one time; everybody used to have a grease jar.

You can. But I wouldn’t myself