Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 6 months ago

My brother doesn't take care of his pet bird, what should I do?

I live with my brother and he has a Pet bird. It constantly screams in the evening and is incredibly annoying. My brother is almost never home, and therefore he never plays with the bird. I would, but the bird is quite mean it bites and I mean bites hard. I tried once and he nearly bit my finger off. I often have to clean it's cage because my brother doesn't bother to do so. The bird is kept in a dark room all day, all by itself.

I have tried everything. Opening up the blinds in the room using radio and so on.

• P

Call a pet bird rescue and describe how the bird is being left alone, and how it is biting you when you try to clean its cage. If I were you I would surrender it to the correct Bird sanctuary who will take great care of it! Is it a parrot? If so, Parrots desperatley need a "significant other" in their life to interact with on a daily basis!Please dont delay! Help this poor bird as soon as you can! I can tell you are a caring person!

Djdjeidhsveheydhhssvhdhshshwysdys

Call and report him to an animal welfare place if he doesn't start taking care of the bird

Nothing

Its not your home so you can't give him an ultimatum of get rid of it or take care of it since that is theft is you take it. You can't sale it, you can't give it away, you can't take it to a rescue. it doesn't belong to you

Ignore it or move out

Are you a child in your parent's house or are you and your brother roommates?

I can't say set it free because it probably won't be able to look after itself. Take it in the cage to and animal shelter. Tell your brother you gave it away but don't say who to. And tell him never to get an animal he can't look after properly and spend time with. Don't worry if he flies off the handle because you know you're right and he's wrong.

Move it out of the dark room into a light one, maybe that's why it makes a lot of noise, and could be why it bites - I'd be grumpy if I was shut up in a dark room! You could also try leaving a radio on. I don't know what to suggest with your brother, but he needs to take responsibility.

Definitely sounds like it needs to be turned over to a rescue or something that takes birds and can find it a new home. Poor thing.

Take the cage outside and open it

Give your brother an ultimatum: either he takes care of it or you'll give it away.