how do i make my pictures come out like that? is it a filter or is it camera lens filters?

Attachment image

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 12 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Check out VSCO filters. In Instagram terms, the pic seems to have the face boosted a little and the highlights boosted. Shadows maybe dropped. Also they couldve added grain to the photo (download Adobe lightroom for this) to make it look like film photography. Theres lots of apps like vsco that have tons of vintagey filters worth exploring

• ...Show all comments
    • John P
      Lv 7
      12 months agoReport

Like "what"? That pic looks fairly normal to me, possibly a bity warm in tone. As seen on my screen it is unsharp, but so is the caption, so there is a media problem, not a photo problem.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 8 months ago

Put an orange filter on your strobe and place it to camera left, on the ground.

• 9 months ago

Nothing to do with filters. Just get the right light on your subject with the right exposure settings.

Make sure to use sufficient Depth of field to get the two subjects in focus.

You can also do the final touching on any photo processing software like Lightroom

• keerok
    Lv 7
    12 months ago

In the studio, one light on the left?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Sumi
    Lv 7
    12 months ago

Easy, just take photos either during sunrise or sunset and pose your subjects so that the rising/setting sun is illuminating their faces.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.