Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 6 months ago

What would you think of a disowned daughter refusing to give up a kidney to save her moms life?

So I have a friend who is a lesbian and her folks disowned her as they are very strict Catholics. So she is living in a loving relationship for the past 5 years and graduated from college. So her mom comes to her and says she is dying and needs a kidney to save her life. My friend says no. The moment you disowned me is the moment you were dead to me too. Do you think this is bad or good? I high fives my friend for this. 🙂

@Chi Girl

She does have an issue regarding detoxing toxins. When she was disowned she told me her mom burned her with a cigarette and smacked her. She still tried getting in touch for 2 years but the parents refused to acknowledge her as existing. Then 3 years after the mom begs to have her kidney.

• Speed
    Favorite Answer

I'm with the daughter. No parent has the right to a body part. Living with one kidney is not the same as living with two, and it's well within the daughter's right to refuse even if they got along splendidly.

I'd say the physical abuse and parental rejection merely cements her position, refusal.

Enjoy the fruits of the seeds you sowed, Mom. Dialysis isn't lots of fun.

• Donald

45% BA's? point gainer as well. we see you for what you are. dishonest and alone and in pain. JESUS can help you.
      why not ask?

It's the daughter's choice after all. I think it's selfish of her to refuse, but then it WAS wrong of the mother to disown her daughter in the first place.

"...and forgive us our trespassed, as forgive those who trespass against us." We will be forgiven to the same degree we forgive. Your friend is not only living a life displeasing to God, she is unforgiving to the person that birthed her.

It won't let me give you the answer that Jesus Christ would have given you if you refuse to forgive men their trespasses neither will the father forgive you! Your friend may have the satisfaction of watching the parents die. But the parent will be going before God for the resurrection so will your friend is someday and when your friend tells God I refused to save her life because she send against me God's going to say to your friend well by your own words I will judge you you refused to forgive I refuse to forgive you of your sins. depart from me ye you're cursed into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his demons for I was hungry and you would not feed me I was sick and you would not help me I was in prison and you would not visit me.

- Good for her.

• Donald

how loving ..... does this hit close to home Ricardo?
      I wonder. love leads to eternal life. where is you lack of love leading you? (certain peril it seems)

Assuming that story is true, I'd say it's very sad.

But, without knowing the rest of the story -- Does the daughter have a hospital/surgery phobia? Is she worried about having only one kidney because she's afraid she's inherited her mother's problem? What was the mother/daughter relationship like? -- it's not my call.

edit: The emotional pain may be too great for her to do what her mother wants. No one can judge her for that.

The important thing is how her mother's death will affect her if she doesn't give her a kidney and her mother can't find another donor.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian

What did Jesus give for those who abandoned Him?

She should still donate the kidney. Even if her parents disowned her (which is a very un-catholic thing to do) it’s still the right thing to do. Especially if she is the ONLY one who can save her mom. Even people who do something morally wrong, such as disowning their kid, shouldn’t be killed.

I see it as justified. She doesn’t have to give up a part of herself if her folks don’t accept her.

Good. Religious fanatics have no place in a civilized society.

• jon pike

Ah, but neither do those who refuse to take responsibility for their words and actions.