Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 6 months ago

Enlisting in the national guard after adjustment disorder separation in the Airforce?

Is it possible to enlist after being separated from the Airforce for adjustment disorder with depressed mood? (code JFY I believe, possibly JWY) Id give you more information, but I don't have my DD214 with me at the moment.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

The real answer is maybe. It will depend on how long ago your were released. Was it an entry level separation or an actual discharge. Trust me there is a difference. If you have been stable and can show that you have been so for 3 or more years there is a possibility for a waiver and a change in reenlistment code. There is definitely a stigma with anything to do with mental health so if you can tolerate the insensitivity of others keep during the process then go for it.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

deja vu... NO! no enlistment for you

• ?
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

You were found to have an adjustment situation by one service, why do you think another service would want to enlist you.

• 6 months ago

You were discharged on the grounds you FAILED TO ADJUST to military life. That is a PERMANENT disqualification for ALL branches of the military. There are no waivers.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Why do you think you will do better in the Guard than in the USAF? Why would the Guard think you would do better? Fact is, all the branches are having the highest suicide rates that they ever had, even with people who came in with a clean mental health history. You could not handle service previously and there is no reason any branch would take a chance with you now. Some things just stick with you forever. Your only real chance is to use the GI BILL and get a degree in something useful and see if you can get in as an officer, where you can offer them something more than just being a warm body.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Possible....Yes. Likely....No.

• 6 months ago

LOL - why would the ng need someone that's depressed in their ranks?? Generally you're given one shot @ the military & you've had yours. Don't hold your breath.

• Mrsjvb
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Never gonna happen

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.