Megan asked in TravelAir Travel · 7 months ago

Stupid question - are cats allowed on planes?

I want to fly to Orlando to adopt a kitten so how does that work when I fly back?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

some Airlines allow it, with advance notice and very specific guidelines about carriers and NOTTTTTTTT taking the cat out of the carrier for the duration of the flight, since other passengers may be allergic.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 months ago

You have selected a best answer, but I will answer anyways.

Check with the policies of the airline you plan to take. Make sure you bring a sizeable pet-carrier for the kitteh. There is a chance that the kitteh will be transported in the heated, pressurized cargo hold.

Enjoy your kitteh by treating him/her with plenty of treats and toys. Kitteh will be pleased. :-)

Source(s): Work part-time as a TSA officer (considering adopting a rescue kitteh and bunneh.)
  • Joseph
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Is your hometown totally bereft of cats available for adoption?

• DEBS
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

When you get to Orlando, you enjoy your trip and then fly home. Once home, you then adopt one of the hundreds of kittens at area animal shelters. Or you can let those kittens be put to sleep.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 months ago

CAThay Pacific Airlines might allow.

• 7 months ago

Cats and dogs are allowed on most planes, but you MUST speak to the airline well in advance to make a booking and find out what their policy is about cats in the cabin with you. You can't just turn up with an animal and expect to walk on with it.

A kitten will of course fit inside a carrier that would go under the seat in front of you. It would have to stay inside the carrier for the whole flight. You should line the carrier with puppy-pads to absorb any pee or sickness.

If for any reason you can't find an airline willing to accept your kitten as hand baggage, it may have to fly in the hold. Larger airlines have specially heated and pressurised areas for live animals.

I repeat: speak to the airline SOON. Have a look at their website first, then call and speak to a real person.

But I don't understand why so many people don't just adopt a cat from their local cat shelter. What's so special about the Orlando kitten?

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Cats aren't allowed on planes

• Greg
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

On some airlines, yes. Each airline has its own rules.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

You might have to smuggle it.

• Kelly
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

You need to contact the airline, each has it's own policies.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.