Weird noise in my bedroom. Kind of sounds like a defective fan crossed with a goat bleating. What is it? Am I losing my mind?

Okay so this has been happening for about a week. It s actually happening right now. I only notice it about once or twice a day, and when it occurs it does so intermittently for about 15 minutes, in bursts of half-seconds to less than two. It speeds up in intensity quickly, and then slows down for a few seconds. At... show more Okay so this has been happening for about a week. It s actually happening right now. I only notice it about once or twice a day, and when it occurs it does so intermittently for about 15 minutes, in bursts of half-seconds to less than two. It speeds up in intensity quickly, and then slows down for a few seconds. At slow speeds it sounds like a broken fan. Usually it sounds like a fly buzzing right next to your ear (although this is most certainly NOT what it is). Yet, a fly s buzz would be constant, and this is more of an audibly vibrational noise. At really high speeds, in bursts of intensity, it sounds like a goat bleating in the distance. I can only hear it when it s pretty quiet (as the noise itself is no louder than the sound of heavy breathing), but when I can hear it I can hear it from everywhere in my room. However, it feels like it is coming from an area near the window. I check the corner by the window above the trash can: nothing. I check my guitar amps under the window for some kind of electrical problem: nothing. I check my vent in the floor by opening and closing it: nothing. My window has a screen on the outside, is very old and hard to open and close, and outside of it are bushes that surround my house. Don t know how that s relevant, but maybe it s some species of annoying insect nesting outside. Could it be coming from something inside the roof? What could it be? Someone please help me. It is starting to feel like it s laughing at me...
Update: It sounds like bees in the wall. I just showed the noise to my dad and that's what he thinks...