Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 6 months ago

Is this a Maine Coon Cat?

Attachment image

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

pretty cat. looks like those on this page, plus or minus, more or less.

when the scientists started to test the theory, they went to the local animal shelter/dog pound. they tested the DNA of the dogs, and compared it to the identity of species assigned to each animal. the results were that most of the assign types where different then the DNA types. phenotypes vs. genotypes.

almost all of the dogs were mixed breeds.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

dhhdhdbdhhejsjwhdnsbsabqiek

• 6 months ago

He sure looks a little bit like one but there's a pretty good chance he's a Maine coon mix or some type of long haired tabby which do tend to look very similar to Maine coons but your odds of him being a mix are higher than you might think it's actually borderline impossible to get a purebred anymore unless you go straight to a breeder but I prefer adoption plus mixed cats can be quite the characters you'd be surprised how much personality they hold

• 6 months ago

Wow you people don't have a freaking CLUE.

As someone WHO HAS ACTUALLY SEEN REAL MAINE COON CATS AT SHOWS I can say with 100% certainty that NO this is NOT a Maine Coon. Not in the LEAST bit.

Maine Coons have a very distinctive muzzle shape and long tufts on the tips of the ears.

This cat is just a "domestic longhair" - no breed or mix like over 97% of cats.

Is this your cat? If so, why don't you keep up with its grooming? That neck area looks HORRIBLE. You should be combing - not brushing - the coat fully at least twice a week.

FYI THIS is what the Maine Coon looks like. Why did all you people answer when you've clearly never even seen a REAL one in person????

Attachment image
    Source(s): I show and hold a position in TICA (The International Cat Association) and see REAL Maine Coons all the time at shows.
    • Malum Mendax6 months agoReport

OP should report you because you come across as an aggressively obnoxious ******. Don't care about your credentials, and your only friends are probably your cats.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

With out registration papers no telling. It looks like one it also looks like a Norwegian cat also. It a domestic long haired cat.

• 6 months ago

Yep that's exactly what that is

• 6 months ago

usually Maines have ear tuffs, which your does not, it could be just a typical long haired cat, or a part Maine. The ear tuffs are pretty distictive

• ZotsRule
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Not likely "part" with less than 3% of cats a breed and pedigreed kittens most often sold ALTERED!

• 6 months ago

I had a Maine Coon named Stormy, that lived 21 years, 51 weeks---he was such a pleasure to have around--

• audrey
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

What a beautiful cat! Yes, it's a Maine Coon.

• ZotsRule
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

And your expertise is...? Because this ISN'T one.

• 6 months ago

yes-it surely is! I had one when I was a kid--loved my furry baby!

• ZotsRule
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Then you had a no breed domestic as well JUST LIKE THIS CAT!

• 6 months ago

It sure looks like one to me. They tend to be really big and shaggy like that.

• ZotsRule
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Maine Coons are never "shaggy" this cat is UNGROOMED which is why it looks so "shaggy". This is a no breed domestic NOT a Maine Coon.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.