Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 6 months ago

Should I move to Denver, CO or Seattle, WA ?

I can't decide which city I should move to.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • R K
    Lv 7
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

which one can you afford to live in and find a job?

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

Well ive always wanted to go to seattle cause of the whole grunge history there but its really rainy i hear and there are needles all over the city, id go with denver plus its close to columbine if youre into true crime

• 6 months ago

If I had to pick one I’d pick Denver it’s usually sunny even in winter but Seattle would usually have rainy boring weather. Denver also has an overall lower cost of living like you can get a house for much cheaper there.

• NONAME
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

it rains constantly in seattle and is always super nice in colorado

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Seattle was the BEST place I ever lived.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Denver all the way

• Benny
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Yes, great idea!

• Lili
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Well, I'm very familiar with both, but without knowing a lot more about you, I can't really advise you.

Seattle has become more and more expensive and is really attracting people with significant education and skills who can afford the place. I have relatives there who just retired and who sold their small house for an enormous amount of money -- about 10 times what they paid for it in the 80s.

Denver's not cheap, but real estate prices and rents are more reasonable. When my father-in-law who was living in the Denver area (Aurora) sold his house (to move to Seattle and join the relatives I mentioned), he got far less than the relatives just got for theirs, even though the house was bigger.

In addition, the climates are different: Seattle's is cool, moist and somewhat gray much of the time, It rains a lot. Denver's is hot, sunny, and usually dry, though it can get hit with sudden snowstorms even early in the fall and late in the spring.

You don't say what your interests are or what field you work in, so I can't say much more.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Denver; the air is cleaner and the people aren't fvcking nuts.

Lv 7
    6 months ago

Unless you expect to be making a six figure salary, I wouldn't move to Seattle. Housing is crazy there.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.