Are most Hispanics in the United States either undocumented or their parents or grandparents were?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

No. Most Hispanics in the USA are descended from people who arrived during the time of open immigration, which ended around 1920. However, I suspect most of the Hispanics who arrived in the past 30 years did so illegally.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

"Most Hispanics" in the US descend from people who lived in the Del Norte region (that's now everything from California to Texas to Colorado) prior to those places being annexed by the US. There are 327 million people here, about 45% of whom claim Hispanic ancestry. Meanwhile even the most expansive estimates on illegals in the US is only around 30 million. So yeah, not even close.

• Lisa A
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Many of them have families that have lived in the US since before it was the US.

• RICK
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Very doubtful

Most of the Mexican Americans I know have been in the US for at least 5 generations.

I have worked with some that have been in the US so many generations that they did not know Spanish

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 months ago

the ones here in southern califonia are

• 7 months ago

well considering how many hispanics are mixed with native ancestry, they are probably the most native to america than say white, black, and asian people.

when europeans first came here and forcefully brought over black slaves from Africa, they were undocumented as well

• 7 months ago

sureeeeeeeeeeeeee

• 7 months ago

no, I even know some whose families were here since this area was Spanish territory

• oikoσ
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Very doubtful, Donald.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.