Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsOther - News & Events · 6 months ago

Question about the "Central Park Five" story.?

So, i just watched the ABC 20/20 episodes on the case of the Central Park jogger, but i couldn't understand some details.

First they said there were 30 people gang in the park, but they only caught 5 of them. So what happened to the other 25?

Also, they later said these 5 guys didn't know each other, so it's not the case that they were together in the park? How did they arrested then? Were the 5 of them friends? Were they in the park? If they didn't know each other, why were they suspected? Were they in the park separately at the same time? Like all 5 of them alone at different parts of the park separately or what?

Please somebody clarify what happened at the beginning, i couldn't get the details.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

There are many links to look at in regards to the story which many of us are either too shy to watch or read.

Remember Robert Chambers? The white, wealthy, preppy killer who had a cocaine problem by 19 years old and murdered Jennifer Levin in 1986 and dumped her body in central park? He served 15 years in prison for the crime and got released in 2003 and is now serving another 19-year sentence for drug-related offenses. Ironically president Trump didn't call for his execution. That still will not stop us stereotyping black and brown youth and trying to pass it off as facts and statistics.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

Most right thinking people still think they were guilty, as does every NYC police officer I know.

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.