Pregnant or not????? HELP?

So, my last period was on 16/07/2019. It lasted 7 days and was on cycle day 30.

My period is now 6 days late and no sign of period. I did a pregnancy test on the 19th very faint line but it was there, then did one on the 20th and it was much much darker. So i booked to go to the doctors this morning, they did a urine test, negative😮😮 so i didnt know what to think at all, they didnt know what to say and neither did i! I then got home and waited until i needed a wee, so i could take another one just to see. I did a digital clearblue, came back pregnant 1-2.

I dont know what to think or what to do as i dont want to look stupid infront of the doctors as saying i have positives and then getting there and its negative😭 what do you think?

Favorite Answer

get a blood test from the doctor, those are MUCH more reliable. It sounds like the urine test you took at the doctor was a false negative.

• rennee7 months agoReport

Thank You so much for the reply! I will definitely do that thanks for the advice! Didnt even think of that🤦🏽‍♀️

The urine tests at the doctor's office are no more accurate than the ones at home, so if it was negative it's most likely that it didn't pick up enough of the pregnancy hormone in your urine be turn it positive.

A blood test will give you a definite answer.

Sorry but Yahoo Answers has ran out of pregnancy tests for the day, try again later.

EPT

Faint lines are inconclusive which is negative. While hCG is a reliable marker of pregnancy, it cannot be detected until after implantation: this results in false negatives if the test is performed during the very early stages of pregnancy. The accuracy of a pregnancy test is most closely related to the day of ovulation, not of the act of intercourse or insemination that caused the pregnancy. It is normal for sperm to live up to five days in the fallopian tubes, waiting for ovulation to occur. It could take up to 12 further days for implantation to occur, meaning even the most sensitive pregnancy tests may give false negatives up to 17 days after the act that caused the pregnancy. Because some home pregnancy tests have high hCG detection thresholds (up to 100 mIU/mL), it may take an additional three or four days for hCG to rise to levels detectable by these tests — meaning false negatives may occur up to three weeks after the act of intercourse or insemination that causes pregnancy. *For a home pregnancy test to give you a positive result, your body has to be making a detectable level of the hormone human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG). **False positive, Spurious evaporation lines may appear on many home pregnancy tests if read after the suggested 3–5 minute window or reaction time, independent of an actual pregnancy. False positives may also appear on tests used past their expiration date.