Is a wood pellet grill better then charcoal or propane?

Seems like no one here uses charcoal any more. I like charcoal, it takes actual skill to do well. If you are going to use gas why bother with a grill? Just throw it in the oven not much difference in taste in my opinion

• Mark

I prefer propane. It's clean, fast, and instant on-instant off. If you feel you have to have some "woody" taste in your food, there are hickory chips that you soak in water for a bit, then put on the gas grill.

i have no ideaaaa

I thought pellets was only for heating.

• John

I don't have one. As I understand it, about the only real value of a pellet grill is that they can autofeed fuel for hours - even overnight - for slow cooking of large quantities of meats. I don't need that. I use my large gas grill for most cooking and a Weber kettle for hot smoking now and then.

no .

For a particular reason I could not have a charcoal or a gas grill so I purchased an electric smoker.

I know a smoker is not a grill but if you plan on smoking rather than grilling the electric is easy and the food is good (great actually)

I am sure one that is SERIOUS about smoking would not want an electric but for me it is just fine.

If I were to buy a grill I would buy another natural gas grill as I liked that for the ease, not having to worry about buying charcoal or running out of propane.

Don’t use grills. Order pizza

No...if you want a really good grilling experience buy Cowboy charcoal. It's real wood charcoal and makes for a great taste.

• olivia

To begin with, pellet smokers are grills that use wood pellets as fuel. These are actually very useful since any type of wood can be used. ... As opposed to that, gas grills use propane fuel tanks to heat up the food. Since they use propane, they are cheaper than other gas cooking equipments.