Should I be a cosmetologist?

I have a passion for doing hair and makeup. I’m always trying to find new ways to apply makeup, make it look better, buying more makeup....I just love getting fixed up and fixing others up as well. In a few weeks, I will start my freshman year of college playing softball on a scholarship and becoming an English... show more I have a passion for doing hair and makeup. I’m always trying to find new ways to apply makeup, make it look better, buying more makeup....I just love getting fixed up and fixing others up as well. In a few weeks, I will start my freshman year of college playing softball on a scholarship and becoming an English teacher. I plan on coaching high school softball in the future. I love what I’ve planned as well, but for some reason I keep being drawn back to being a cosmetologist. I don’t know what my calling is. I don’t know if I’m meant to be a teacher or do hair and makeup. The only thing that is holding me back is my mom won’t let me go to cosmetology school because she says they don’t make good money and don’t have benefits. She wants me to do something with my life that will make her look better as a parent. Which means me going to college. But I want to do what makes me happy. What should I do? Any cosmetologist out there with suggestions? Thanks!
5 answers 5