How much it cost to put the water bill in your name?

My boyfriend's uncle has his name in the water bill, but the water company shut the water off because it's past due and his uncle didn't pay on it. Even though his uncle owns the house we live in (we pay the mortgage), he doesn't stay here and he has his own place with his wife and kids. My... show more My boyfriend's uncle has his name in the water bill, but the water company shut the water off because it's past due and his uncle didn't pay on it.

Even though his uncle owns the house we live in (we pay the mortgage), he doesn't stay here and he has his own place with his wife and kids.

My boyfriend wants to put the water bill in his name and I'm wonder how much it will be if he does this?

We live in Michigan, by the way, just in case if you live in Michigan too, you will know how water company in Michigan, works, because I know cities are different...