Trey asked in Social SciencePsychology · 6 months ago

How to become emotionally numb?

I don’t want to feel anymore, I don’t want to be able to cry or be nervous or angry or frustrated. I just want to turn all my emotions off, does anyone know how this will work? I know it’s not good for me but I really want to, and for me, the pros of becoming emotionally numb outweighs the cons. I really want someone to tell me how to become emotionally numb or just not feel emotions anymore and not cry anymore.

Mr Spock said that he could have it surgically removed by a Vulcan doctor.

drugs............

• Alfred

well, it sounds to me additional questions are to be asked in real life, in your area.

and the very idea of making you emotionally numb sounds to me - debatable- to say the least( even though I can just humbly guess your reasons).

it sounds to me you're depressed nd/ or traumatized deeply and severely enough to probably urgently! need the professional help of a psychiatrist, in real life, in your area, someone skilled in treating people of your age, with no further delay....

Get some Zoloft or other mood stabilizers or depressants.

• falcon

You can't but try to understand yourself .Hypnosis is a good tool for that

The bad news: it can't be done.

The good news: there's a variety of things you can do to make things better. For example, there's distress tolerance. A famous Buddhist monk, Thich Nhat Hanh, put it this way - "Don't turn away from the feeling that troubles you. Observe it as you meditate on your breath.

Treatments that help with this include Dialectical Behavior Therapy,

https://www.anxiety.org/dbt-dialectical-behavior-t...

You sound like you're depressed. You can take a depression screening test online, such as CESD R, or KADS 6-Item if you're a teenager.

There's a variety of things for depression described here in this answer, under DEPRESSION TREATMENTS. The best thing for a case of depression is often a variety of things, and there's a big advantage to

having a qualified professional to help you.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20150...

I'm sorry but it can't be done.

Try avoiding any place that's a mess.

• Robert

I know a guy who has found success in numbing himself with something called Cutty Sark

Spike your emotions up more.

Means, keep throwing yourself in awkward situations.

Helps get over your fears, anxiety, anger and numbs your pain.

Frustration can be cured by venting.

Find healthy ways of ventilation. Like art, writing, socializing. And always make sure to give and respect your own personal space. Everyone needs time to themselves. ---Just don't stay in your personal space too long or you become your own worst enemy (depression, sadistic or dark thoughts).

separate yourself from your memories.

Focus on the moment and what's going on right now