When are we going to have established black characters made white, female characters get made male, or LGBT characters get made straight?

so we can disprove the hypocritical double standard that Hollywood claims they don't have?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago

I gave you one example before -- they made a TV show about Leonardo DaVinci and made him a womanizing heterosexual. I don't think I even saw 1 media article complaining about it. Just individual people who tried to watch the mess.

• ...Show all comments
    • Rebel With A Cause
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

At the end of Endgame, Thor did name Valkyrie as the new King, and Marvel did confirm Valkyrie will get a female romantic partner. https://ew.com/comic-con/2019/07/22/marvel-lgbtq-tessa-thompson-valkyrie-thor-love-and-thunder/

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago

Considering who the minorities and majorities are, I don't think that would happen much

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

It's already been happening. In the movie Troy, for example, Achilles is portrayed as straight and it claimed that Patroclus was his cousin. That's not the case. Patroclus was actually Achilles's gay lover.

• Davide7 months agoReport

Don't you think identifying Patroclus as "Achilles's gay lover" is redundant?

• 7 months ago

The Wayan brothers did a movie called White Chicks.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.