Why am I getting verification for every answer on answers now?

• .
    Favorite Answer

If you're referring to the captchas, it seems to vary day to day (at least it does for me). Some days I have to go through few of them, other days I may see one or more for every answer I post. I've noticed in the days I see very few of them, I also tend to see the Yahoo Helpline bots posting, so it may be a matter of the powers-that-be not having settled on a specific frequency yet OR it may intentionally vary day to day so that it's less annoying to the users but still reduces bot posting overall.

When you'll encounter a CAPTCHA

Creating a new Yahoo account.

Performing too many failed sign in attempts.

Forwarding messages (chain letters, jokes, etc.).

Accessing your account from a new browser, computer, or location.

Sending an email containing HTML, links, embedded graphics, attachments.

Your account has been flagged as belonging to a low-quality user and so you can expect to see the verifications after each and every question.

• Daniel

To Prove that you are a Human being and Not a Bot something new that Yahoo is Testing out Yahoo is trying to Control Spam and Bots and such Its not just you thats seeing them a lot of Other Users are starting to see it come up

They are testing new spam fighting measures. It takes just a few extra seconds for each question or answer. They have to do something to prevent bots who can take down the sight for days or weeks at a time. Quora is the alternative if you don;'t like it.

• CarolOklaNola

Who or what is your source that Verizon is beta testing this on us, or are you just guessing? You are not a Verizon or Google employee. Technically that would be a ToS violation for misrepresenting yourself. No, you have not stated that.

you must LOOK like a robot to them ................................................

• Murzy

It the way they are keeping those Chinese from spamming everyone.

• Sharon

It is a new anti-spam measure to prove that you are a human and not a bot. It is being used to fight spam on the site.

• Mark

Indeed. And the questions are often about "traffic lights"...

cause they like to annoy us, thats why