Never want to own a house or property!! Something wrong with me?

A lot of people I know in their 40s (close to my age) are looking to or already own homes/land etc and to be quite honest, I have NO want or desire to own and maintain a home, pay property taxes or even buy a condo/co-op where it's basically buying an apartment and you're living close to other... show more A lot of people I know in their 40s (close to my age) are looking to or already own homes/land etc and to be quite honest, I have NO want or desire to own and maintain a home, pay property taxes or even buy a condo/co-op where it's basically buying an apartment and you're living close to other people.
I've rented my own place for over a decade and I like not having to find a repair man or deal with house issues ( eve though I rent an apartment in a private house, I have minimal responsiblities and restrictions!!)

A friend of mine went on and on about how her and her hubby are pricing land to buy a house and fix it up - and I don't want to seem immature or un-adult like, but I would never want the burden of owning property and putting additions on a home, dealing with contracts.. etc.
Am I just spoiled by renters' life?
Also, we live in NYC and it's crazy expensive to own anything!!