Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 6 months ago

Cheated in long distance?

I'm in an ldr and I haven't met him yet. I dated another guy for a few months and had sex with him. I feel guilty because I want to meet him one day but I feel like I ruined the whole relationship now. He's going to get so sad when I tell him. Maybe even suicidal. I feel so bad. Should I tell him I had sex with another guy 5 months ago?

Favorite Answer

Relax, for god's sake. If you haven't met the guy in person, you're not in a real relationship with him. You can't cheat on someone you're not actually in a relationship with.

Why would you tell the guy you had sex with someone else? Some things are better left unsaid.

And the bigger question is why would you "date" someone online? You may never meet. And you can't really know someone online. No chance to observe them or see how they interact with others and especially with you in person. True attraction only happens in person, it's a fact.

If someone becomes suicidal over an issue like this, they have had underlying mental illness issues for years.... there is another red flag. Who wants to be involved with someone that unstable?

Maybe date people in person. Internet "dating" is a set up to walk a dead end street straight into a brick wall.

• g

You should disregard a LDR where you've not even met the person. It would be different if you were as actual couple, separated by work or school. What you have is not a relationship - it's a pipe dream.