I have a boyfriend but I think I’m gay?

i’ve been dating my boyfriend for over 3 years. Honestly I really am happy with him. I know I like girls and I have been out as bisexual to him and my friends for a couple years and everyone has been very supportive. Since I was very young I knew that my attraction to girls is way more than to boys, but liking boys comes easily and is comfortable. I really love my boyfriend but sometimes I think it’s just as a friend. He is hurting because he knows something is wrong between us, he just doesn’t know what. I don’t want to leave him broken because I know he loves me too. I am just scared to put myself first.

Favorite Answer

man up..u cant have ur cake and eat it too,With only one life to work your way through, it does seem somewhat narrow-minded to limit your options unless your romantic and sexual proclivities leave absolutely no room for manoeuvre.

Discovering what compels and pleases you on the physical front is surely something to experiment with rather than worry about. I’d go so far as to say it’s admirably human to explore beyond the confines of any limited horizon. I’m concerned that you’ve been so busy fretting about which way to turn that you’ve ducked any potentially appealing embrace that’s been offered. Sometimes you need to encounter what you don’t like in order to establish what you do. Partners, like good cuisine, need to be sampled before being devoured or declined.

If you're not comfortable in a relationship then let it go. It's your personal decision

Staying with someone when we aren't sure how we feel about them is totally unfair to them too. They could be out dating other people instead of someone who thinks of their boyfriend as "just a friend".

women shall only lie with man

• bubula

You sound young, which makes me wonder whether you find calling yourself bisexual, like having a boyfriend, "easy and comfortable." Of course it s possible that you actually are bisexual, but it seems possible as well that you are unwilling to look at the possibility that in finding yourself far more attracted to females than males you could be lesbian--something that apparently terrifies you so much that part of you would prefer to remain in a friend-zone status quo "relationship" rather than explore. Elton John used to insist he was bisexual, and was even briefly married to a woman, but the truth he finally admitted to himself was that he is and was all along homosexual.

Just something to think about. In the meantime, setting aside all issues of gender: Whether a boyfriend or a girlfriend, it s wrong, wrong, wrong to allow this person to believe you are romantically involved when you are not. Avoiding honesty is more hurtful than avoiding the hurt of a separation.

Best of luck.

Your boyfriend is a jewel, do not let him get away.

You're already putting yourself first by not being honest with your partner.

Leave him broken? He'll get over it once he realizes that you've been hiding the truth from him for years.

Leading him on any longer is just selfish and cruel.

He won’t be broken.