Mr.Rious asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 6 months ago

Is this correct grammar english?

"My hobby is reading books and sometimes doing sports (swimming and jogging). Beside it, my daily activities is to help my parents in selling. "

You mean BESIDES, not beside. They are two very different words–the letter "s" changes the meaning completely.

"beside" mean physically next to. "The table is beside the sofa".

"besideS" means roughly "in addition to". "Besides French, I also speak Hebrew and Dutch".

No.

My hobbies are reading books and participating in sports, particularly swimming and jogging. Additionally, my daily activities include helping my parents in their retail business."

• Cogito

No, it's not. And your question isn't right either. It should be "Is this correct English grammar?"

"My hobby is reading books ..." that's fine.

You can add, "but I also take part in some sports such as swimming and jogging." You can't say that a hobby is 'sometimes' doing something. You could say, "My hobbies are reading, swimming and jogging."

The rest is not right at all.

You could say, "The rest of my time is spent helping my parents in their shop," or wherever their business is.

If you say 'selling' you'd need to say what they're selling.