Lumps on hand disappear after I quit smoking?

I started smoking when I was 14 years old. When I was 14, I got a single lump on my left hand that we thought it was a wart or a skin tag. After that, every year I got a new lump on my hand and after 14 years of smoking, I had 16 of these lumps on my left hand only, they didn t grow anywhere else. At the docs... show more I started smoking when I was 14 years old. When I was 14, I got a single lump on my left hand that we thought it was a wart or a skin tag. After that, every year I got a new lump on my hand and after 14 years of smoking, I had 16 of these lumps on my left hand only, they didn t grow anywhere else.

At the docs about 2 years ago, they said it was warts... but warts go away on their own and dont last (at the time 12 years). I went for repeated sessions of freezing and laser treatment about 6 times before giving up. The pain sucked and it wasn t getting rid of them.

Four months ago, I smoked my last cigarette. Yay me. And a week after that, these lumps started to heal. Took about a week for them to turn into a permanent reminder by scarring. Now they are gone and since they have been with me for 14 years, it definitely feels different. It still bugs me that I never found out what they were. So I am hoping someone some where is a smoker or ex smoker who had the same thing I did to shed a little light on what these lumps were.
1 answer 1