Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsOther - Diseases · 6 months ago

Would you trust your doctor if they said this?

I went for blood work for liver function. apparently the results at that point were a little elevated liver enzymes and indicated liver inflammation I told my doctor that I used to drink a lot of vodka some nights. she also knows I used to take too much advil. but my results never said it was related to alcohol and I asked my doctor if I need to quit drinking but she said it is fine to drink alcohol in moderation having 1 or 2 drinks by the day. don't mix with advil, but even though my results never said it was related to alcohol I cant stop worrying about it. I've been drinking in moderation and I even for one last blood work test for liver function and the doctor never called me regarding my recent test for the liver. the clinic I go to would only call you if there was something wrong but its been 2 weeks they didn't call me so I think I'm all good. but do you think my doctor is right about what she said?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

You've either misheard or are hearing what you want to hear. The tests CANNOT show what causes the damage. Drinking shots of Vodka daily is not 'in moderation' for someone with a liver problem.

• Login to reply the answers
  • kelvin
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

no i wouldn't as no doctor would say that

• 6 months ago

There has been some type of liver problem probably caused by too much alcohol and doctor wouldn't know the answer to this but I would give up the alcohol or have occasional glass to prevent any chance of future liver problems

• 6 months ago

If you're concerned about what your doctor said why not get a second or third opinion.That way you can discuss your concerns with each doctor and you can ask if it would be OK if you contact them to review your lab results even though they said we'll only call you if something is wrong.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Gert
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

If you're so concerned, it seems you would quit drinking altogether.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Yes. You don't want to put too much stress on ANY organ that breaks down things.

• Fuhr
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Enjoy your life and just get a new liver when the time comes. Soon they will grow on trees!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.