Jesus Christ is specifically mentioned in Revelation 6:2. True or false?

Revelation 6:2 And I looked, and behold, a white horse. He who sat on it had a bow; and a crown was given to him, and he went out conquering and to conquer.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • BJ
    Lv 7
    7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Absolutely true.

Who is the rider of the white horse? The key to his identity is found in the same Bible book, Revelation, which later identifies this heavenly rider as The Word of God. Rev 19:11-13

That title, The Word, belongs to Jesus Christ, for he acts as God’s spokesman. John 1:1, 14

In addition, he is called “King of kings and Lord of lords” and is described as “Faithful and True.”

Clearly, he has authority to act as a warrior-king, and he does not wield his power in any corrupt or abusive way.

So, who is this victorious horseman? None other than Jesus Christ, installed as King of God’s Kingdom and riding to conquer his enemies.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 months ago

False. The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse have nothing to do with Jesus.

• 7 months ago

The first one in Revelation 6:2 is the Antichrist pretending to be the Real Christ.

The Real Lord Jesus Christ comes in Revelation 19:11.

Don't be fooled by the one that comes first in Revelation 6:2.

Revelation 6:2

“And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him:

and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.”

Revelation 19:11

“And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,

and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.”

• True or false?

What game are you playing?

The whole word of God described in the Holy Bible is, yes!

And it is, Amen!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 months ago

Yes, these references Psalm 45:4, Psalm 110:1, 2, Revelation 12:7, and Revelation 17:14 indicate that it is Jesus.

• 7 months ago

Verse 1 begins with John saying, "I watched as the Lamb opened the first of the seven seals. Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder, 'Come!' I looked, and there before me was a white horse. Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest. When the Lamb opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, 'Come!' Then another horse came out, a fiery red one..." And so it goes on till all the horses of the Apocalypse have been described.

Then the fifth seal shows the souls of those martyred for Christ's name sake being under Heaven's altar, and so the Revelation goes on. This is all highly symbolic language, so it is not possible to be specific except to say that the Lamb in verses 1 & 3 is identified elsewhere as the resurrected Jesus Christ, who shares the throne of God in Heaven.

As verse 2 depicts one who is not the Lamb, and verse 3 states that the Lamb does something else to reveal the next rider it would be illogical to claim the rider on that white horse was the Lamb (Jesus Christ) as that logic would mean the Lamb was also the rider on the red horse, and the black horse etc. That is illogical.

So, not only does Rev. 6:2 NOT specifically mention Jesus Christ, context shows that it could not be him, given that He is called the Lamb in verses 1 & 3.

• David
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

Excellent analysis, annsan.

• 7 months ago

Who is the rider of the white horse? The key to his identity is found in the same Bible book, Revelation, which later identifies this heavenly rider as “The Word of God.” That title, The Word, belongs to Jesus Christ, for he acts as God’s spokesman. In addition, he is called “King of kings and Lord of lords” and is described as “Faithful and True.” Clearly, he has authority to act as a warrior-king, and he does not wield his power in any corrupt or abusive way.

Hail Christ, the Glorious King! https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2014122#h=19:0...

Source(s): jw.org
    • ...Show all comments
    • Hawkeye7 months agoReport

<The rider of the white horse in Revelation 6:2 is totally different from the rider of the white horse in Revelation 19:11.> A mere supposition that you can’t prove.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Wow, he must be mad at the Romans who sodomized him.

• 7 months ago

False. Jesus is the Lamb that opens the first seal in Verse one and remains in Heaven to open the remainder of them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.