Caught while driving while prohibited to drive?

If I get caught driving while prohibited because of tickets i owe in Austin tx. Would they give me another ticket or put my butt in jail ? Has this happen to you and how long did u stay in jail for ?

• james

Your vehicle is impounded, You go to jail. Next you see a Judge. You plead innocent. Pay bail. Sell your vehicle for a discount. You can not get it from the impound lot. Let the new owner pay to remove there vehicle. They bought it cheap. Next you show for court. You pay a fine or go to prison. Depends on your record there. You are also barred for life from driving. Do it again you do go to prison.

Yes, this has happened to me and I was immediately arrested and taken to jail in handcuffs. I spent 3 days in jail before being released.

• Bruce

Depending on the circumstance, you can be charged with a Class A, B, or C misdemeanor.

Class C is a fine only. Class A and B have possible jail time. Some things that bump it up from Class C are prior offenses, failure to have the car insured, losing your license because of drunk driving, or causing an accident.

• Katie

Put you in jail.

It depends how likely the judge will take bribes from you.

IMO, you should be imprisoned.

My nephew has been caught driving after revocation about four times. Each time he just got away with a ticket