Caught while driving while prohibited to drive?

If I get caught driving while prohibited because of tickets i owe in Austin tx. Would they give me another ticket or put my butt in jail ? Has this happen to you and how long did u stay in jail for ?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • james
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Your vehicle is impounded, You go to jail. Next you see a Judge. You plead innocent. Pay bail. Sell your vehicle for a discount. You can not get it from the impound lot. Let the new owner pay to remove there vehicle. They bought it cheap. Next you show for court. You pay a fine or go to prison. Depends on your record there. You are also barred for life from driving. Do it again you do go to prison.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

Yes, this has happened to me and I was immediately arrested and taken to jail in handcuffs. I spent 3 days in jail before being released.

• Bruce
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Depending on the circumstance, you can be charged with a Class A, B, or C misdemeanor.

Class C is a fine only. Class A and B have possible jail time. Some things that bump it up from Class C are prior offenses, failure to have the car insured, losing your license because of drunk driving, or causing an accident.

• Katie
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Put you in jail.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

It depends how likely the judge will take bribes from you.

IMO, you should be imprisoned.

• 6 months ago
  • 6 months ago

My nephew has been caught driving after revocation about four times. Each time he just got away with a ticket

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.