I need advice on coming out.?

So, I’ve known that I’m trans for years. I’ve never fit in as a man, and I’ve always been more comfortable with being seen and treated as a woman. I can’t come out at the moment for personal safety reasons, but I’m getting close to being able to move out (likely by the end of this year or early next year). Once I do so, I plan on coming out to everyone. I know a lot of people won’t take it well. My church will likely kick me out, and I’ll probably be disowned by my family. I’ve talked with a friend of mine who’s also trans, and she wants to just take me out to get a new wardrobe and give me full a makeover, etc. as soon as I move out. So what would be a good way to come out at work? Should I just show up dressed as a woman (not drag, mind you, just really casual), or what? I’m super scared and nervous, but also excited at the same time. Any and all help is appreciated.

• abcdef

Before you "come out" you need to see a doctor who specializes in gender dysphoria. Do not try to come out on your own. And do NOT listen to any of the bigoted and ignorant people here who try to answer your excellent question. Get yourself to a doctor/psychologist - someone who really knows what they're talking about. Good luck.

Or maybe you can rather accept your gender before you end up like this poor fellow.