Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 6 months ago

What to do with this stubborn stray kitten?

This stray kitten has been staying just outside my door for almost a week now. I gave it some food 4 days ago but stopped.

Still won't go away though. It keeps trying to go inside. It's friendly as I can easily carry it.

Before anyone says "Take it to a shelter," I can't. The shelters are only open to cats/dogs from abusive owners.

This cat has no owner and has no signs of being abused so I don't know what to do.

UPDATE: I live in the Philippines. The shelters over here only take in abused cats/dogs. Already called them once and they said they can't take this cat in.

@Tarkarri It is not considered abuse here. The cat has to have an owner, and the cat needs to have been abused physically. Both are not present save for that one scratch on the kitten's nose that it got from another cat.

UPDATE: Nevermind. For some reason, the kitten disappeared. I guess it went to a different house.

Favorite Answer

Let's see. She homeless (apparently) and was hungry and you fed her and now you can't figure out why she's hanging around your house. Interesting.

It's your word against the shelter's word that she's been abused. Start with that.

Philippines appears to be a very interesting country. No shelters for cats, but you can buy a bride. Interesting.

• P

Take it to an animal shelter

I would take him in and take care of any and all vet stuff with him see if he's chipped or anything and if not then hold onto him and advertise you found a lost cat and if you don't hear anything from anyone then either keep him or hunt for more shelters

What is up with dumbass people who feed cats and then expect them to leave and not come back??????!!!!!! You can't treat a cat like a human being hobo.

Moron.

You should just make it official and keep it. Take it in for shots and a spay or neuter.

• Ocimom

If you can't keep the kitten, ask friends if they want it. Or just try to rehome the kitten yourself (you will need to bring it inside for awhile). If you have any kind of animal rescue groups, they may be able to take the kitten.

• Anna E

If it is trying to come inside, it is or has been someone's pet. I have never known of a shelter that refuses stray animals, although many require a payment to take them because so many people just get rid of them saying they are strays.

Call the shelter and ask for info on local feline rescues.

Being homeless is abuse.

Take it to a shelter.

It is hanging arpund because you fed it so it has decided it lives with you.

• Tavy

In the U.K. we have many animal charities which take unwanted cats and kittens.

Start googling in your area.