Hard swollen area on the side of my dogs face!!?

My puppy was around 4 months old when I noticed an absence of some sort on his face. I did some research and found it was most likely a Histiocytoma, which is a benign tumor that are common for puppies. It said it would be fine in fall off in a couple of months, so I left it alone and bought him a cone so he would... show more My puppy was around 4 months old when I noticed an absence of some sort on his face. I did some research and found it was most likely a Histiocytoma, which is a benign tumor that are common for puppies. It said it would be fine in fall off in a couple of months, so I left it alone and bought him a cone so he would stop itching at it. We went camping for 10 days and he was fine until the second to last day. I was with him at lunch time and he seemed totally fine, then we left him in the trailer for 2 hours (air conditioned don’t worry!) and when we came back his right side of his face was completely blown up with swelling. initially we thought he had eaten a bug that had stung him because catching bugs was one of his favorite pastimes up there; so we gave him 25mg Benedryl (weight 35LBS). We came back home Saturday and went to the veterinary emergency room on Sunday. She said he was most likely chewing on sticks that’s caused an abscess in his mouth, which caused the swelling. She gave us diphenhydramine and Carprofen and said it should clear up in 12-24 hours. 12 hours later his face is still swollen, it might have got down a tiny bit. I’m also worried about his “histiocytoma” because it is right next to his eye and it has been getting bigger. We’ve been cleaning it and putting Neosporin on it but it’s scaring me being so close to his eye. The vet wasn’t all the worried about it however. I would love to hear some thoughts on this subject!!
7 answers 7