How long do you wait for a proposal after nearly 5 years together ?

I’m 29, been together for 4.5 years and live together. Told him at the beginning of the year I want to get engaged by the end of the year(don’t think he took me seriously) We are planning a trip to Japan in September and I bring up the proposal thing and He got really annoyed saying he feels pressured and that... show more I’m 29, been together for 4.5 years and live together.

Told him at the beginning of the year I want to get engaged by the end of the year(don’t think he took me seriously) We are planning a trip to Japan in September and I bring up the proposal thing and He got really annoyed saying he feels pressured and that every time I mention it, it makes him not want to propose even more. After I got upset He texted me saying he does want to marry me and have a house together one day but didn’t give a time of when we will be engaged