Hope asked in PetsFish · 6 months ago

What type of fish is my fish? I was sold him being told he is a Blackmoor yet he doesn’t seem dark rather gold/bronze or as round?

I'm not sure it's a Black Moor either, but as @book says, it is too young to tell. Just make sure you aren't keeping it with the more common types of fancy Goldfish or any other unacceptable tankmates

It's a baby still. Goldfish are born a brown/bronze color and then change to their adult colors as they grow. A good example are "panda orandas" which have black markings. The black patches on these fish will almost always turn orange with age. Some hold on to that baby color for longer, and some moors hold onto a bit of bronze on the belly for life.

Some never change from it either. Usually small scale breeders will cull any fry that hold onto the bronze color for too long to prevent their stock from losing their domesticated colors.