liam asked in Social SciencePsychology · 6 months ago

On a scale 1 to 10, 10 being extremely angry. How angry would you be if your landlord let themselves in without any notice or reason?

I was naked in bed, the heat is extreme. I work till 3 am and he came in at 8 am, barely slept. I hear a knocking but was faint and wasn't sure being half asleep and all, next thing key in turns and he just walks in. I live in a studio and there was a lady there too. The whole naked thing if I were a lady naked same situation it be in the bloody papers. Arrrggh

YOUR landlord gave MULTIPLE notices and YOU ignored it.

The other versions of your question make it ABUNDANTLY clear that either you received AT LEAST 2 notices, or you MADE UP the entire situation.

• Quentin

These were different dates when he never turned up.

It would be a 10 unless a gas or water pipe broke.

He has to give you 24 hours notice.

It was illegal.

• rick

There are laws and regulations regarding landlords accessing their occupied property. Common courtesy and probably the law, requires written notification, well in advance or the visit. I don't know who you complain to. I'd contact an attorney for advice. I think you are the victim of a home invasion.

Source(s): I'm a landlord
    • liam6 months agoReport

I have two letters each one saying this was going to happen 17th and 19th July, I waited in and no one came. I tricked the landlord into confessing it via email, I probably would have dropped it by now but I just had 4 of his sons come round and threaten me.

• Cogito

I'd be livid! They aren't allowed to do that!

If a landlord wants to inspect your apartment/room/studio, he has to give notice and wait to be invited in.

I'd have asked him to leave immediately and told him that he must give notice to enter and never, ever let himself in unless it's a dire emergency, like a fire or a burst pipe.

• liam6 months agoReport

His saying that fixing a fire alarm is an emergency.

• Satan

I'd walk up to them, stark bollock naked, and ask him what he's doing here

It would certainly be a 10 for angry

• PAMELA

I would be on a 10, he has no right to come into your apartment without a very good reason, all the while you pay rent, that is your apartment, unless it is an emergency, say a gas or water leak he must keep out or give you 24 hours notice, you must be there, and as i said before, he has to have a very good reason to come in, tell him that is the law, and he is breaking it, i would double lock the door at night, put a chain on, and use it!

Source(s): Landlord an tenant law, i had the same situation a couple of years ago.

yeah **** him tbh